Bone Histology and Introduction
July 01, 2008
Identify the different bones by classification of shape: Identify these types of tissues:
Identify the principal type of cell in each
15. Identify the following in the picture: central canal,
Lacuna, osteocytes, lamella, osteon, canaliculi.
1. What are the functions of bone?
2. How many bones are you born with?
3. What is the longest bone of the body?smallest?largest?
4. How much of the bone is comprised of phosphate?calcium?
5. What is the function of osteoblasts?
6. What are the 2 bone constitutions?
7. What is an osteoid?
8. What is the function of yellow marrow?
9. What is the difference between Hyaline cartilage and Elastic cartilage?
10. What is the name for bundles of collagen?